Why do you want to commute to work on your bike? There are many good reasons, and if I had to make a list it would be:
1. Saves money. A car costs you a lot of money each year – car payment, insurance, and gas. This can easily add up to $6,000 a year per car. Moving to a bike, can drastically cut this cost down. If you can eliminate the need for at least one car then you just gave yourself a $6K pay raise every year. Congratulations!
2. Good for your health. Riding back and forth from work allows you to burn calories calories. I burn 400 Calories each day I ride my bike back and forth to work. The greatest thing is this happens while I am commuting and I hardly notice the effort.
3. Independent of traffic. Once you move to a bike you can move unecummbered by traffic. It allows takes me 20 minutes to get to work, and in the car it various from 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the time of day, traffic build up and how I hit the lights.
4. Stress free. You get out of the grind and are free to move. I love being able to unwind from a stressful day at work. By the time I am home, I am refreshed and ready to enjoy the family.
5. Good for the enviornment. Moving to biking simply removes one less car from the road, and you get to enjoy yourself and feel good about your actions. So Enjoy!